Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Twelve Days of Cookies

Hard to believe it's already December 1st.  Even more frightening to think Christmas is in 25 days!  With that fast-approaching holiday coming up, you will need to start baking.  Why?  Well, it is an easy and economical way of saying "thanks" to people when you go to a Christmas dinner or party; handy to have around when people stop by; something to bring to work and share with co-workers; a nice treat to give to your mailperson, handyman, teacher or babysitter.  The best part about cookies is that you can make the dough, or bake the cookies and freeze them.


So, for the next 12 days, I will be preparing and posting a different cookie recipe to help inspire you to get into the kitchen and bake.  With all those cookies (and limited freezer space), I will be giving mine away.  I've already decided the exceptional doctors and nurses at the local NICU are receiving a box.  It's a no-brainer for my family as we had to use their services when my son was born.  Even those hard-working doctors and nurses can't eat 12 dozen plus cookies.  So, I would appreciate it if you could help me out and suggest the names of other worthy persons deserving of these cookies.  Your creative and thoughtful comments will be chosen at the end of Dec 12's baking day.

No comments: